Powered by Automated Insights Curtis Painter Put the Stamp on Baer Necessities
- Curtis Painter
- Baer Necessities
Curtis Painter took advantage of the second-highest player score this week from Peyton Manning (40.35) and took down Baer Necessities 138.85 - 120.15. Curtis Painter met their projections and put up 1.2% more points than projected (137.22). Baer Necessities scored 96.1% of a projected 125.08 points. Baer Necessities gave it a good shot with an improvement in scoring compared to last week's 95.70 - 75.00 win against Reggie Tales. Curtis Painter (3-1, 582.70 points) remains in second place while Baer Necessities (1-3, 485.70 points) stays in 10th place.
Smooth Moves by Curtis Painter
- The 40.35 points scored by Peyton Manning was the second-highest QB score of the week and is the eighth-highest QB score in the league this season.
- With 25.60 points, Danny Woodhead ranked fifth in scoring among all RBs in the league this week.
- The 16.60 points scored by Marques Colston outpaced his 13.47-point scoring projection by 23.2%.
- Curtis Painter won despite having only 4 of their 9 starters exceed their scoring projection.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Baer Necessities
- Should have started Colin Kaepernick, who underachieved, but still had more points than the starting QB with 19.45 against a projected 23.70.
- Bernard Pierce was last on the team in scoring with 1.90 points, 19.8% of his projected 9.59, which is his lowest percentage of the season.
- At the QB position, Baer Necessities got outscored 40.35 - 18.35 by Curtis Painter.
- DeAndre Hopkins scored a season-low 4.70 points, 38.0% of his projected 12.37, which is his lowest percentage of the year.
- Baer Necessities had 5 of their 9 starters score less than their projected points.
- If Curtis Painter played Baer Necessities every week, they would be 3-1 this season.
- Curtis Painter would have beaten four other teams besides Baer Necessities this week.
- Curtis Painter would have defeated Baer Necessities 128.20 - 95.70 had they played each other last week.
- Curtis Painter would be 2-1 if they played the same schedule as Baer Necessities.
- If Curtis Painter had played every team in the league each week, they would be 28-16.
- Baer Necessities would have lost to six other teams besides Curtis Painter this week.
- If they played the same schedule as Curtis Painter, Baer Necessities would be 1-2.
- If they played every team every week, Baer Necessities would be 18-26.
- Despite being on the winning team, Doug Martin had a season-low 9.10 points against a projected 17.50 and has now underachieved in every game this season.
- The RBs on Curtis Painter collectively had their best week of the season with 34.70 points.
- Curtis Painter beat Baer Necessities at the top, with two of their starters outscoring the leading point-getter for Baer Necessities.
- Jason Witten did little to help Curtis Painter, underperforming versus projections for the third straight game with 9.30 points against a projected 15.32.
- It was the biggest loss of the season for Baer Necessities.
- In the loss, Adam Vinatieri scored 14.00 points, the second-highest K score in the league this season.
- Curtis Painter overachieved in the win, improving to 3-0 when beating their projected points this season, while Baer Necessities falls to 1-1 when scoring below their projected points.
- With a margin of victory of 18.70 points, Curtis Painter had the third-highest margin in the league this week.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Curtis Painter
- Baer Necessities
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.