Powered by Automated Insights Ajzilla Pulls Out Paper-Thin Win Against Putter, Fans Flames of Failure
Ajzilla recorded the highest point total this week and erased a 1.24-point deficit on Monday night to sneak by Putter 112.18 - 108.42. Putter has had a string of bad luck lately and is on a three-game losing streak. Putter had two players rank highly this week. Matt Ryan scored 28.92 points while Calvin Johnson put up 27.50. Putter (2-5, 727.94 points) sinks into last place while Ajzilla (4-3, 697.00 points) remains in third place.
Smooth Moves by Ajzilla
- With 32.28 points, Matthew Stafford ranked second in the league in scoring this week and had the fourth-highest score of any player on Ajzilla this season.
- The 21.00 points scored by Eric Decker was the fourth-highest score by a WR in the league this week.
- The San Francisco 49ers Defense scored 13.00 points against a projected 6.54 and has now overachieved in four straight games.
- Ajzilla saw the majority of their starters (5 of 8) beat their projected point total.
- Danny Woodhead exceeded scoring projections by 35.2%, with 13.60 points against a projected 10.06.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Putter
- Picked up Peyton Hillis but left him on the bench, where he scored 14.10 points against a projected 10.26.
- Putter had only 4 of their 8 starters underperform versus their projections, but they still lost.
- Reggie Bush could not reach his projected point total, scoring only 70.8% of his 13.27-point projection with 9.40 points.
- Ajzilla would be 3-4 if they played Putter every week.
- Ajzilla would have beaten every other team in the league this week.
- Ajzilla would be 1-5 if they played the same schedule as Putter.
- If Ajzilla had played every team in the league each week, they would be 30-19.
- Putter would have beaten every other team in the league besides Ajzilla this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Ajzilla would have lost to Putter 103.16 - 93.64.
- If they played the same schedule as Ajzilla, Putter would be 3-3.
- Putter would be 31-18 if they played every team every week.
- Of the losses Putter has had, three were against opponents who topped their season scoring average that week.
- This matchup had the top two scoring teams in the league this week.
- Although Putter lost, they did put up the fourth-highest score for a losing team in the league this season.
- Doug Martin had a season-low 5.40 points against a projected 13.59 in the win and has now scored below his projection in six straight games.
- Despite being on the winning team, Victor Cruz scored 5.00 points against a projected 12.10 and has now underachieved in three straight games.
- Putter remains winless in close games this season, falling to 0-3.
- Ajzilla improves to 1-2 in close games this season.
- Both teams topped their projections, but Putter performed better versus expectations than Ajzilla and still lost.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.