Powered by Automated Insights chibears61 Obliterates portage pigskins, Goes to 2-0 Against Them
- portage pigskins
chibears61 clobbered portage pigskins 111 - 74, making it two wins in as many head-to-head matchups. The margin was particularly painful, ranking 13th overall in the league this season. In fact, chibears61 does better than usual against portage pigskins, with an average margin of victory of 32 points when they play. This week, Cam Newton led the way, getting 33 points. That's even more than the Kansas City Chiefs Defense, who led all players with 27 points the last time these teams met. On top of the loss, portage pigskins got goose eggs from both Jarrett Boykin and Jordan Reed. chibears61 beat portage pigskins 119 - 93 in Week 4 and now averages 115.00 points against them. Finally, despite the loss, portage pigskins clinches a spot in the playoffs this week.
Smooth Moves by chibears61
- Cam Newton ranked sixth in the league in scoring with 33 points against a projected 20.15 and has now overachieved in three straight games.
- Acquired Brandon Myers, who exceeded his scoring projection by 194.8%, the fifth-highest percentage in the league.
- Sat TE Antonio Gates on the bench, where he had the lowest TE score on the team with 1 point.
- Was smart to sit the Kansas City Chiefs Defense this week, which had 6 points, the lowest DEF score on the team.
- Reggie Bush scored 20 points, which ranked fourth out of all the RBs in the league this week.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by portage pigskins
- Did not start Eric Decker, who scored 42 points and beat his projected point total by 409.7%, which was the highest percentage in the league.
- portage pigskins had 2 of their 9 starters score zero points.
- portage pigskins needed more points from the QB position, where chibears61 beat them 33 - 9.
- The WRs on portage pigskins let them down, resulting in a 14 - 7 difference at the position.
- After a season-low 9 points against a projected 23.25, Drew Brees has scored below his projection in three straight games.
- If chibears61 played portage pigskins every week, they would be 8-5 this season.
- Besides portage pigskins, chibears61 would have defeated four other teams this week.
- chibears61 would have defeated portage pigskins 91 - 76 had they played each other last week.
- If they played the same schedule as portage pigskins, chibears61 would be 6-5.
- If chibears61 had played every team in the league each week, they would be 72-43-2.
- portage pigskins would have lost to seven other teams besides chibears61 this week.
- If they played the same schedule as chibears61, portage pigskins would be 4-7.
- If they played every team every week, portage pigskins would be 55-62.
- portage pigskins has lost seven times and four of them have come to teams who beat their scoring average in that matchup.
- chibears61 set their season-high in margin of victory at 37 points, which was also the largest in the league this week.
- This was the second time this season that portage pigskins lost by the biggest margin of the week.
- portage pigskins got a combined 31 points from their RBs, their highest combined scoring output from the RB position this season.
- In the loss, the Cincinnati Bengals Defense scored 17 points against a projected 13.21 and has now overachieved in three straight games.
- After scoring 10 points against a projected 7.13, Steven Hauschka has now exceeded his projection in four straight weeks.
- Two of the starters for chibears61 scored higher than the leading scorer for portage pigskins.
- chibears61 improves to 1-1 in blowout games this season.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- portage pigskins
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.