Powered by Automated Insights Broncos Throat-Punches The bearchikacats, Moves Up to Eighth Place
- The bearchikacats
Broncos (1-3, 794.46 points) destroyed The bearchikacats (1-3, 754.50 points) 233.66 - 159.68 in a matchup with four lead changes. They also put up the highest point total in the league this week. The bearchikacats scored first and went into Sunday in front 27.30 - 0. They lost that advantage after the early Sunday games and trailed 125.10 - 101.12. After the late Sunday games, the lead changed once more, and they went ahead by 1.08. Thanks to 37.04 points from Matt Ryan, Sunday night ended with Broncos on top.
Smooth Moves by Broncos
- Drew Brees had 50.92 points, the highest QB score of the week and the third-highest QB score in the league this season.
- Snatched up the Kansas City Chiefs Defense, which ranked fourth in the league in scoring with 49.00 points.
- The 37.04 points scored by Matt Ryan was the fifth-highest score of any QB in the league this week.
- With 25.10 points, Torrey Smith ranked second in the league in scoring among WRs this week.
- With 18.00 points against a projected 11.40, Adam Vinatieri had his highest output of the season and has now overachieved in three straight games.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by The bearchikacats
- The bearchikacats left the 24.50 points scored by Nate Washington on the bench this week. He beat his projected point total by 196.3%, the eighth-highest percentage in the league.
- At the DEF position, The bearchikacats got outscored 49.00 - 9.00 by Broncos.
- 2 of the 11 starters scored zero points for The bearchikacats.
- The New England Patriots Defense scored a season-low 9.00 points, 36.2% of their projected 24.88, which is their lowest percentage of the year.
- The bearchikacats lost despite having only 4 of their 11 starters score less than their projected points.
- If Broncos played The bearchikacats every week, they would be 2-2 this season.
- Broncos would have been undefeated if they played every team in the league this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Broncos would have defeated The bearchikacats 171.22 - 157.48.
- Broncos would be 0-3 if they played the same schedule as The bearchikacats.
- If Broncos had played every team in the league each week, they would be 16-20.
- The bearchikacats would have been beaten by every other team in the league this week.
- If they played the same schedule as Broncos, The bearchikacats would be 1-2.
- The bearchikacats would be 13-23 if they played every team every week.
- Broncos had three starters who scored more points than the highest-scoring starter for The bearchikacats.
- This matchup featured both the highest-scoring team and the lowest-scoring team in the league this week.
- Doug Martin had a season-low 15.70 points against a projected 22.75 in the win and has now scored below his projection in every game this season.
- The bearchikacats was last in the league in scoring for the first time this season.
- The 73.98-point margin of victory was the largest in the league this week and second-biggest in the league this season.
- Emmanuel Sanders scored 7.70 points against a projected 10.65 in the win and has now scored below his projection in every game this season.
- With a combined 87.96 points from their QBs, Broncos got their highest combined scoring output from the QB position this season.
- With a combined 53.90 points from their RBs, The bearchikacats got their highest combined scoring output from the RB position this season.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- The bearchikacats
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.