Powered by Automated Insights Broncskins Gets Late Win Against Broncos, Tacks On Third Straight Win
Broncskins picked up their third straight win when they beat Broncos 221.86 - 171.22 in a Monday night comeback. In the process, they also registered the highest point total in the league this week. The streak is due in part to Broncskins having the highest scoring output in the league at 242.45 points per matchup. Broncos holds steady in ninth place with a 0-3 record. Broncskins remains undefeated and in first place having also beaten Nancy's Neat Team (237.84 - 204.00) and Steelers (267.66 - 168.66).
Smooth Moves by Broncskins
- The 43.26 points scored by Peyton Manning was the second-highest QB score of the week and is the eighth-highest QB score in the league this season.
- The Seattle Seahawks Defense led the league in scoring and had the sixth-most points in the league this season with 52.00.
- Matt Forte had 23.90 points, the ninth-highest score among RBs in the league this week.
- With 23.30 points, Eric Decker ranked fourth in the league in scoring among WRs this week.
- Broncskins won despite having only 4 of their 11 starters exceed their projected points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Broncos
- Should have started the San Diego Chargers Defense, which underachieved, but still had more points than the starting DEF with 16.00 against a projected 33.88.
- At the DEF position, Broncos got outscored by Broncskins 52.00 - 9.00.
- With a season-low 9.00 points versus a projected 31.52, the St. Louis Rams Defense failed to meet their projection for the second time this season.
- Lance Moore had his lowest score of the season with 1.10 points against a projected 9.75 and has now underachieved in every game this season.
- After a season-low 17.80 points against a projected 23.34, Doug Martin has now scored below his projection in every game this season.
- Broncskins would be 3-0 if they played Broncos every week.
- Broncskins would have beaten every other team in the league this week.
- Broncskins would have defeated Broncos 267.66 - 196.64 had they played each other last week.
- If they played the same schedule as Broncos, Broncskins would be 2-0.
- If Broncskins had played every team in the league each week, they would be 25-2.
- Broncos would have lost to four other teams besides Broncskins this week.
- If they played the same schedule as Broncskins, Broncos would be 1-1.
- Broncos would be 7-20 if they played every team every week.
- The 221.86 points scored by Broncskins was the highest in the league this week and the sixth-highest in the league this season.
- Broncskins won by the largest margin of victory in the league at 50.64 points.
- It was a tough loss for Broncos, which put up the 10th-biggest score for a losing team in the league this season.
- Drew Brees played well in the loss, ranking third in the league in scoring with the highest output of any player on Broncos this season, putting up 48.28 points.
- Cecil Shorts III was on the losing team, but still had the ninth-highest score of any WR in the league this week with 18.30 points.
- Julius Thomas performed well in the loss by having the fourth-highest score of any TE in the league this week with 11.20 points.
- Andre Johnson had a season-low 6.10 points in the win against a projected 15.68 and scored below his projection for the second time this season.
- Despite being on the winning team, Julian Edelman had a season-low 7.90 points against a projected 15.80 and underachieved for the first time this season.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.