Powered by Automated Insights Howling Owls Creeps Past SkinsFan
- Howling Owls
Howling Owls took advantage of 42.02 points from Cam Newton and 36.10 from Antonio Brown, edging SkinsFan 174.02 - 170.98. This was a matchup that could have gone either way, with the 3.04-point margin of victory being the smallest recorded in the league this season. SkinsFan was led by Jimmy Graham with 29.90 points and Robert Griffin III who scored 26.14. Howling Owls (1-2, 558.28 points) climbs into eighth place and SkinsFan (2-1, 620.28 points) stays in third place.
Smooth Moves by Howling Owls
- Cam Newton had 42.02 points, the third-highest QB score of the week and the 10th-highest QB score in the league this season.
- Antonio Brown had 36.10 points, the highest WR score in the league this week.
- With only 3 of their 11 starters beating their projected points, Howling Owls was still able to win.
- Both of the starting QBs scored above their projected points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by SkinsFan
- Left the Atlanta Falcons Defense on the bench, where they led the team in scoring with 34.00 points.
- David Wilson scored 7.20 points against a projected 12.16 and has now underachieved in every game this season.
- The WRs on SkinsFan let them down, resulting in a 49.10 - 18.60 difference at the position.
- In the midst of a season-low in scoring, the Denver Broncos Defense also did not meet their projected points (26.00 points scored versus 40.37 projected) for the first time this season.
- Dwayne Bowe had a season-low 0.90 points against a projected 13.85 and scored below his projection for the second time this season.
- If Howling Owls played SkinsFan every week, they would be 1-2 this season.
- Howling Owls would have beaten five other teams besides SkinsFan this week.
- Howling Owls would be 1-1 if they played the same schedule as SkinsFan.
- If Howling Owls had played every team in the league each week, they would be 10-17.
- SkinsFan would have lost to five other teams besides Howling Owls this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Howling Owls would have lost to SkinsFan 221.32 - 206.38.
- If they played the same schedule as Howling Owls, SkinsFan would be 1-1.
- SkinsFan would be 17-10 if they played every team every week.
- Three of the starters for Howling Owls scored higher than the leading scorer for SkinsFan.
- The margin of victory of 3.04 points was the smallest in the league this week.
- With the win, Howling Owls improves to 1-1 in close games this season.
- With 75.42 points, Howling Owls got the highest combined scoring output from the QB position for any team this week.
- With 18.60 points, SkinsFan got the lowest combined scoring output from the WR position for any team this week.
- Jimmy Graham played well in the loss with 29.90 points, the highest score of any TE in the league this week.
- The San Francisco 49ers Defense had a season-low 14.00 points in the win against a projected 38.86 and scored below their projection for the second time this season.
- Despite being on the winning team, Arian Foster had a season-low 9.30 points against a projected 21.08 and underachieved for the second time this season.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Howling Owls
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.