Powered by Automated Insights Crown Me Gets Upset over Crazy 8's to Move into Ninth Place
- Crown Me
- Crazy 8's
Crown Me overcame a 22.36-point projected spread to beat Crazy 8's, 129.15 - 112.70 for the upset. They got a team-leading 32.35 points from Andrew Luck. Crown Me beat their projections and put up 13.0% more than their projected 114.32 points, while Crazy 8's failed to meet expectations and got just 82.5% of a projected 136.68. Crazy 8's was done in by a drop in scoring from last week's 158.00 - 127.75 win against GoatNamedFelicia. To make matters worse, Crazy 8's had a starter score zero points (the Houston Texans Defense). Crown Me (2-3, 613.60 points) climbs into ninth place and Crazy 8's (3-2, 634.70 points) drops to fourth place.
Smooth Moves by Crown Me
- The St. Louis Rams Defense, which was picked up by Crown Me, scored 15.00 points against a projected 10.33, topping their projection by 45.2%.
- Andrew Luck had the fifth-highest score of any player on Crown Me this season and led the matchup in scoring with 32.35 points.
- 7 of the 9 starters on Crown Me exceeded their projected points.
- The 15.60 points scored by C.J. Spiller was the ninth-highest score of any RB in the league this week.
- With 16.00 points versus a projected 7.99, Garrett Hartley exceeded his scoring projection by 100.3%.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Crazy 8's
- Left the Green Bay Packers Defense on the bench, where they scored 9.00 points and surpassed their scoring projection by 115.3%, the highest percentage of any player on the team.
- Nick Novak, who Crazy 8's picked up this week, scored below his 9.40-point projection with 5.00 points.
- Crown Me won the K position battle, beating Crazy 8's 16.00 - 5.00.
- Matthew Stafford had two season-lows this week. He scored a season-low 31.50 points and recorded only 81.7% of his 38.55-point projection.
- The 10.70 points scored by Jordy Nelson was a season-low for both scoring and for his performance against projections. He reached only 75.5% of his 14.18 projected points this week.
- Crown Me would be 2-3 if they played Crazy 8's every week.
- Crown Me would have beaten seven other teams besides Crazy 8's this week.
- Crown Me would have defeated Crazy 8's 169.25 - 158.00 had they played each other last week.
- Crown Me would be 3-1 if they played the same schedule as Crazy 8's.
- Crown Me would be 27-28 if they played every team every week.
- Besides Crown Me, Crazy 8's would have been defeated by seven other teams this week.
- If they played the same schedule as Crown Me, Crazy 8's would be 2-2.
- If they played every team every week, Crazy 8's would be 29-26.
- Crazy 8's saw their three-game win streak come to an end.
- Crown Me had their largest margin of victory so far this year at 16.45 points.
- Crazy 8's falls to 1-1 in upset games this season.
- Crown Me outdid their projection in the win, while Crazy 8's came in under their point expectation. Crown Me is now 2-1 when overachieving, while Crazy 8's falls to 2-2 when failing to reach their projection.
- Crazy 8's scored 112.70 points, ranking them ninth in the league in scoring.
- Tony Gonzalez performed well in the loss by having the fifth-highest score of any TE in the league this week with 14.70 points.
- Crown Me beat their season average of 122.72 points with 129.15 this week.
- Andre Ellington exceeded his projected point total by 36.4% in the loss, scoring 10.30 points against a projected 7.55.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Crown Me
- Crazy 8's
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.