Powered by Automated Insights st4r Puts the Kibosh on NY Giants III, Moves to Second Place
- NY Giants III
st4r defeated NY Giants III 127.68 - 120.00 and recorded the second-highest score in the league this week. st4r got the win despite a good effort from NY Giants III, who scored 21.3% more than their projected 98.91 points. NY Giants III couldn't capitalize on an improvement in scoring compared to last week's 94.86 - 91.02 win against Raging Bulls. st4r (3-1, 419.64 points) climbs into second place and NY Giants III (2-2, 418.18 points) drops to fifth place.
Smooth Moves by st4r
- The 22.40 points scored by Victor Cruz was the second-highest score by a WR in the league this week.
- Frank Gore had 19.30 points, the fifth-highest score among RBs in the league this week.
- With 18.70 points, Jamaal Charles ranked sixth in scoring among all RBs in the league this week.
- Beat NY Giants III, which had their highest-scoring week of the season.
- The Denver Broncos Defense scored a season-high 18.00 points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by NY Giants III
- NY Giants III picked up Cecil Shorts III, who then fell short of his 10.28-point projection by scoring 6.10 points.
- The RBs for NY Giants III got outscored 38.00 - 17.60 by the RBs for st4r.
- At the DEF position, NY Giants III got outscored 18.00 - 4.00 by st4r.
- Darren McFadden had two season-lows this week. He scored a season-low 2.90 points and recorded only 20.3% of his 14.30-point projection.
- The 10.80 points scored by Julio Jones was a season-low for both scoring and for his performance against projections. He reached only 84.3% of his 12.81 projected points this week.
- If st4r played NY Giants III every week, they would be 2-2 this season.
- Besides NY Giants III, st4r would have defeated seven other teams this week.
- If they played the same schedule as NY Giants III, st4r would be 1-2.
- If st4r had played every team in the league each week, they would be 21-15.
- NY Giants III would have lost to just one other team besides st4r this week.
- st4r would have lost to NY Giants III 94.86 - 69.90 had they played each other last week.
- If they played the same schedule as st4r, NY Giants III would be 3-0.
- If they played every team every week, NY Giants III would be 24-12.
- Even though NY Giants III lost, they had two players score higher than the leading scorer for st4r.
- NY Giants III had the highest losing score in the league this season with 120.00 points.
- At 7.68 points, the margin of victory was the tightest of the week.
- st4r got a combined 38.00 points from their RBs, their highest combined scoring output from the RB position this season.
- Matt Prater scored 12.00 points against a projected 4.92 in the loss and has now beaten his projection in three straight games.
- Despite being on the winning team, Colin Kaepernick scored 13.78 points against a projected 19.53 and has now underachieved in three straight games.
- st4r won even though NY Giants III performed better against their scoring projection. NY Giants III beat their 98.91 projected points by 21.3%, while st4r outscored their 110.41-point projection by 15.6%.
- Torrey Smith scored 22.60 points, the 10th-highest WR score in the league this season, but it was not enough to get the win for NY Giants III.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- NY Giants III
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.