Powered by Automated Insights WilkyGuy Puts the Kibosh on Scantron to Move into Seventh Place
WilkyGuy beat Scantron 92.28 - 86.26, led by Philip Rivers, who recorded the highest player point total in the league this week with 33.78 points. This win was revenge for a Week 3 96.64 - 93.28 heartbreaking loss to Scantron. Scantron was led by Larry Fitzgerald with 17.60 points and Calvin Johnson who scored 11.50. WilkyGuy (6-6, 1,132.88 points) climbs into seventh place and Scantron (4-8, 1,147.50 points) sinks into last place.
Smooth Moves by WilkyGuy
- Philip Rivers scored 33.78 points, the highest of any player on WilkyGuy this season.
- Eddie Lacy beat his scoring projection by a season-high 52.6% to rank 10th in the league in scoring.
- WilkyGuy won despite having only 4 of their 9 starters exceed their scoring projection.
- The 9.40 points scored by Greg Olsen outpaced his 6.74-point scoring projection by 39.5%.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Scantron
- Should have started Robert Griffin III, who underachieved, but still had more points than the starting QB with 6.28 against a projected 19.56.
- Did not start Maurice Jones-Drew, who led the team in scoring with 20.40 points.
- The 2.70 points scored by Ben Tate fell short of his 15.44-point projection, the third straight game where that has happened.
- WilkyGuy had a better day at the QB position, topping Scantron 33.78 - 5.96.
- The RBs on Scantron let them down, getting outgunned by the RBs on WilkyGuy 23.90 - 9.80.
- WilkyGuy would be 6-6 if they played Scantron every week.
- WilkyGuy would have beaten six other teams besides Scantron this week.
- Had they played each other last week, WilkyGuy would have defeated Scantron 115.32 - 114.76.
- WilkyGuy would be 4-6 if they played the same schedule as Scantron.
- If WilkyGuy had played every team in the league each week, they would be 59-73.
- Scantron would have lost to six other teams besides WilkyGuy this week.
- Scantron would be 6-4 if they played the same schedule as WilkyGuy.
- If they played every team every week, Scantron would be 58-74.
- The loss is the fourth straight for Scantron and extends the longest current losing streak in the league.
- WilkyGuy had their lowest winning score of the season with 92.28 points.
- WilkyGuy had two starters score more points than the highest-scoring starter for Scantron.
- The highest-scoring group of WRs in the league this week was on Scantron, which got 39.50 points from the position.
- Scantron is in the basement in the standings for the first week this season.
- WilkyGuy is now 2-5 when failing to reach their projection and Scantron falls to 2-6 when scoring below their projected total.
- Larry Fitzgerald was on the losing team, but still had the fifth-highest score of any WR in the league this week with 17.60 points.
- Scantron could not close out the win even with the help of Calvin Johnson, who scored 11.50 points, the 10th-highest score among all WRs in the league for the week.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.