Powered by Automated Insights Blu Squad Pulls Off Comeback over Castle Wolfenstein, Moves Up to Sixth Place
- Blu Squad
- Castle Wolfenstein
Down 2.02 on Sunday night, Blu Squad came back to nip Castle Wolfenstein 96.16 - 93.18. Blu Squad took advantage of 22.80 points from Rashad Jennings and 20.16 from Matt Ryan. This close win was revenge for a Week 2 135.72 - 96.06 loss to Castle Wolfenstein. Castle Wolfenstein could not make the most of an increase in point total compared to last week's 87.58 - 71.86 loss against Cyrsqueers. Blu Squad (6-5, 1,065.48 points) climbs into sixth place while Castle Wolfenstein (4-7, 1,037.22 points) sinks into last place.
Smooth Moves by Blu Squad
- Sat C.J. Spiller, who scored 1.60 points, fewer than any RB in the starting lineup.
- Rashad Jennings had 22.80 points, the fourth-highest score among RBs in the league this week.
- Josh Gordon had the sixth-highest score of any WR in the league this week with 18.50 points.
- With 11.20 points, Antonio Gates ranked fourth in the league this week in scoring among TEs.
- Blu Squad won despite having only 4 of their 9 starters exceed their scoring projection.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Castle Wolfenstein
- The 3.90 points scored by Mike Wallace fell short of his 8.96-point projection, the fifth straight game where that has happened.
- Castle Wolfenstein lost despite having only 4 of their 9 starters score less than their projected points.
- With 2.90 points versus a projected 6.13, Mark Ingram scored only 47.3% of his projected point total.
- If Blu Squad played Castle Wolfenstein every week, they would be 7-4 this season.
- Blu Squad would have beaten only three other teams besides Castle Wolfenstein this week.
- Blu Squad would have defeated Castle Wolfenstein 104.98 - 71.86 had they played each other last week.
- If they played the same schedule as Castle Wolfenstein, Blu Squad would be 3-6.
- Blu Squad would be 61-60 if they played every team every week.
- Castle Wolfenstein would have lost to seven other teams besides Blu Squad this week.
- Castle Wolfenstein would be 3-6 if they played the same schedule as Blu Squad.
- Castle Wolfenstein would be 46-75 if they played every team every week.
- The loss is the fourth straight for Castle Wolfenstein and extends the longest current losing streak in the league.
- Matthew Stafford beat his projection for the fifth straight week. His 27.88 points ranked sixth in the league this week.
- The margin of victory of 2.98 points was the smallest in the league this week.
- Blu Squad underachieved in the win, recording 94.4% of their projected 101.88, while Castle Wolfenstein performed better than expected, beating their 77.45-point projection by 20.3%.
- With the win, Blu Squad remains undefeated in comeback games this season, improving to 2-0.
- With the loss, Castle Wolfenstein falls to 2-2 in close games this season.
- Castle Wolfenstein is in the basement in the standings for the second week this season.
- Blu Squad was able to win despite putting up the smallest point total of any winning team in the league this week.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Blu Squad
- Castle Wolfenstein
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.