Powered by Automated Insights Football Widows Gets Massive Upset over off in the woods, Moves Up to Second Place
- Football Widows
- off in the woods
Football Widows took advantage of 26.10 points from Dez Bryant and 24.36 from Eli Manning to crush off in the woods 116.59 - 63.90. They came into the matchup as a 19.42-point underdog. Even though the teams are tied for second place with matching 3-2 records, Football Widows has a distinct advantage in points, 586.15 - 515.13. This was a solid rout, with the 52.69-point margin of victory being the second-highest recorded in the league this season. The result might have been even worse, Football Widows had a starter score zero points (Stevan Ridley).
Smooth Moves by Football Widows
- Dez Bryant ranked eighth in the league in scoring with 26.10 points, his highest output of the season.
- Eli Manning ranked 10th in the league in scoring with 24.36 points.
- Put WR Brian Hartline on the bench, where he scored 6.00 points, fewer than any WR in the starting lineup.
- Added the Kansas City Chiefs Defense, which beat their scoring projection by a team-leading 123.4%.
- Football Widows had most of their starters beat their scoring projection (5 out of 9).
Toyota Missed Opportunities by off in the woods
- Did not start Tony Romo, who led the league in scoring with 53.94 points.
- Did not start Matt Prater, who scored 18.00 points and beat his projected point total by 267.3%, which was the highest percentage in the league.
- Picked up LeGarrette Blount, who scored 3.10 points against his projected 12.43.
- Tom Brady was last in the matchup in scoring and achieved only 13.9% of his projected point total, his lowest percentage of the season.
- off in the woods had 7 of their 9 starters score less than their projected points.
- Football Widows would be 3-2 if they played off in the woods every week.
- Football Widows would have beaten six other teams besides off in the woods this week.
- Football Widows would be 3-1 if they played the same schedule as off in the woods.
- If Football Widows had played every team in the league each week, they would be 27-18.
- off in the woods would have been beaten by every other team in the league this week.
- Football Widows would have lost to off in the woods 111.34 - 105.40 had they played each other last week.
- off in the woods would be 1-3 if they played the same schedule as Football Widows.
- If they played every team every week, off in the woods would be 18-27.
- Football Widows had three starters who scored more points than the highest-scoring starter for off in the woods.
- With 63.90 points, off in the woods scored the fewest points in the league this week and had the lowest score of any team this season.
- The 52.69-point margin of victory was the largest in the league this week and second-biggest in the league this season.
- The 6.90 total points by the RBs on Football Widows was their smallest RB output this season.
- off in the woods got their lowest combined scoring output from the WR position this season with only 19.82 points this week.
- off in the woods falls to 2-1 in blowout games this season.
- With the win, Football Widows remains undefeated in blowout games this season with a record of 2-0.
- It was the worst loss of the season for off in the woods, with the margin of victory coming in at 52.69 points.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Football Widows
- off in the woods
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.