Powered by Automated Insights The Atoms Relishes Their Underdog Role in Upset over The Destroyers to Move into Eighth Place
- The Atoms
- The Destroyers
The Atoms logged the second-highest point total in the league this week and upset The Destroyers 117.60 - 95.58, overcoming a 16.96-point spread. While The Atoms (2-4) is only a game back of The Destroyers (3-3), they're quite a bit farther behind in points, 657.84 - 517.94. The Atoms delivered a great effort and put up 48.7% more than their projected 79.08 points, while The Destroyers just fell short of hitting their projections and got 99.5% of a projected 96.04. The result might have been even worse, The Atoms had a starter score zero points (Mark Ingram).
Smooth Moves by The Atoms
- The 15.00 points by Mason Crosby was the league-high for a K this week.
- The 23.40 points scored by Vincent Jackson ranked seventh in the league in scoring this week and fifth for any player on The Atoms this season.
- Stevan Ridley beat his scoring projection by a matchup-leading 197.5% and scored the ninth-most points in the league with 23.00.
- Aaron Rodgers scored 21.70 points, the fourth-highest QB score in the league this week.
- A.J. Green ranked seventh in the league in scoring among WRs this week with 16.30 points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by The Destroyers
- Jermaine Gresham was last on the team in scoring with 0.50 points against a projected 4.37 and has now underachieved in four straight games.
- The Atoms won the K position battle, beating The Destroyers 15.00 - 5.00.
- It was a season-low scoring total for Trent Richardson, who had 5.30 points. He had a projected total of 14.67 points and this week was the third straight game of underperformance versus his projection.
- In the midst of a season-low in scoring, Matt Prater also did not meet his projected points (5.00 points scored versus 5.10 projected) for the second time this season.
- The Destroyers had 6 of their 9 starters score less than their projected points.
- If The Atoms played The Destroyers every week, they would be 2-4 this season.
- Besides The Destroyers, The Atoms would have defeated seven other teams this week.
- The Atoms would be 2-3 if they played the same schedule as The Destroyers.
- If The Atoms had played every team in the league each week, they would be 23-31.
- The Destroyers would have lost to just two other teams besides The Atoms this week.
- Had they played each other last week, The Atoms would have lost to The Destroyers 98.36 - 74.76.
- The Destroyers would be 4-1 if they played the same schedule as The Atoms.
- If they played every team every week, The Destroyers would be 38-16.
- All three of the losses for The Destroyers this season have come when their opponent had their highest-scoring week of the season.
- The Atoms set their season-high in margin of victory at 22.02 points, which was also the largest in the league this week.
- This was the second time this season that The Destroyers lost by the biggest margin of the week.
- The Destroyers scored 95.58 points and lost. It is the ninth-highest losing score in the league this season.
- The RBs on The Destroyers collectively had their worst week of the season with only 20.40 points.
- With a combined 27.80 points from their RBs, The Atoms got their highest combined scoring output from the RB position this season.
- With 117.60 points, The Atoms had their highest score so far this season.
- In the loss, Cam Newton scored 32.68 points, the 10th-highest QB score in the league this season.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- The Atoms
- The Destroyers
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.