Powered by Automated Insights Valar Morghulis Gets Win over Phillip Schwartz to Even Season Series
- Valar Morghulis
- Phillip Schwartz
Valar Morghulis got a pair of elite performances this week from Russell Wilson with 29.10 points and Reggie Bush with 24.70, as they beat Phillip Schwartz, 139.70 - 104.40. This win was revenge for a Week 2 129.08 - 97.38 loss to Phillip Schwartz. Calvin Johnson led Phillip Schwartz with 19.10 points while Colin Kaepernick brought in 17.10. Both teams clinched a playoff spot this week. Phillip Schwartz (8-5, 1,648.50 points) drops to fourth place while Valar Morghulis (9-4, 1,683.90 points) remains in first place.
Smooth Moves by Valar Morghulis
- The 21.70 points scored by Rob Gronkowski was the highest TE score in the league this week.
- The 29.10 points scored by Russell Wilson ranked seventh in the league in scoring this week and fifth for any player on Valar Morghulis this season.
- With 24.70 points, Reggie Bush ranked ninth in the league in scoring.
- Made the right move in benching T.Y. Hilton, who had 7.10 points, the lowest total of any starting WR on Valar Morghulis.
- Benched Ben Roethlisberger, who had the lowest QB score on the team with 19.38 points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Phillip Schwartz
- Picked up Carson Palmer, who led the team in scoring with 19.98 points, but left him on the bench.
- The Cleveland Browns Defense scored 3.00 points against a projected 13.32 and has now underachieved in three straight games.
- The 7.60 points scored by Zac Stacy fell short of his 14.13-point projection, the third straight game where that has happened.
- Frank Gore has now failed to reach his projection for four straight games. This week he scored 9.90 points versus a projected 14.34.
- Jordy Nelson scored a season-low 2.40 points, 18.6% of his projected 12.93, which is his lowest percentage of the year.
- If Valar Morghulis played Phillip Schwartz every week, they would be 6-7 this season.
- Valar Morghulis would have beaten seven other teams besides Phillip Schwartz this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Valar Morghulis would have defeated Phillip Schwartz 152.38 - 124.40.
- Valar Morghulis would be 7-4 if they played the same schedule as Phillip Schwartz.
- Valar Morghulis would be 97-46 if they played every team every week.
- Besides Valar Morghulis, Phillip Schwartz would have been defeated by seven other teams this week.
- Phillip Schwartz would be 9-2 if they played the same schedule as Valar Morghulis.
- If they played every team every week, Phillip Schwartz would be 98-45.
- All five of the losses for Phillip Schwartz this season have come when their opponent scores higher than their season average.
- Valar Morghulis had three starters who scored more points than the highest-scoring starter for Phillip Schwartz.
- With 21.50 points, Phillip Schwartz got the lowest combined scoring output from the WR position for any team this week.
- Valar Morghulis got 28.50 points from their TEs, the highest combined scoring output from the TE position for any team this week.
- The drafted players on Valar Morghulis put up 86.7% of the team's points this week.
- Valar Morghulis is in first place in the league for the fifth week this season.
- Valar Morghulis outdid their projection in the win, while Phillip Schwartz came in under their point expectation. Valar Morghulis is now 6-0 when overachieving, while Phillip Schwartz falls to 0-4 when failing to reach their projection.
- The margin of victory was the second-largest in the league this week.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Valar Morghulis
- Phillip Schwartz
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.