Powered by Automated Insights Valar Morghulis Lights Up Makin it Wayne, Takes Top Spot in League
- Valar Morghulis
- Makin it Wayne
Valar Morghulis clinches a spot in the playoffs after taking down Makin it Wayne again, this time by a final score of 152.38 - 91.90. Valar Morghulis does better than usual against Makin it Wayne, against whom they have a 51.98-point average margin of victory. In fact, this particular blowout ranks sixth overall in the league this season. This week, Jamaal Charles led the way, putting up 29.70 points. That's slightly higher than Reggie Bush, who led all players with 27.10 points the last time these teams met. To make matters worse, Makin it Wayne had two starters score zero points (Hakeem Nicks and Julius Thomas). Valar Morghulis beat Makin it Wayne 152.30 - 108.82 in Week 1 and now averages 152.34 points against them.
Smooth Moves by Valar Morghulis
- Jamaal Charles had the best RB score of the week and the eighth-highest RB score in the league this season with 29.70 points.
- Rob Gronkowski had the most points of any TE in the league this week with 18.50.
- Larry Fitzgerald had the sixth-highest score of any WR in the league this week with 20.10 points.
- With 15.50 points, Pierre Thomas ranked ninth in scoring among all RBs in the league this week.
- The Houston Texans Defense scored 11.00 points against a projected 8.79 and has now overachieved in three straight games.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Makin it Wayne
- Should have started Delanie Walker, who underachieved, but still had more points than the starting TE with 7.10 against a projected 8.06.
- Makin it Wayne had 2 of their 10 starters score zero points.
- The RBs on Makin it Wayne let them down, getting outgunned by the RBs on Valar Morghulis 57.20 - 27.50.
- Peyton Manning had two season-lows this week. He scored a season-low 13.00 points and recorded only 53.8% of his 24.15-point projection.
- Even though Makin it Wayne lost, only 5 of their 10 starters scored less than their projected points.
- Valar Morghulis would be 9-3 if they played Makin it Wayne every week.
- Valar Morghulis would have been undefeated if they played every team in the league this week.
- If they played the same schedule as Makin it Wayne, Valar Morghulis would be 5-5.
- If Valar Morghulis had played every team in the league each week, they would be 89-43.
- Besides Valar Morghulis, Makin it Wayne would have been defeated by six other teams this week.
- Valar Morghulis would have lost to Makin it Wayne 109.92 - 104.50 had they played each other last week.
- If they played the same schedule as Valar Morghulis, Makin it Wayne would be 4-6.
- If they played every team every week, Makin it Wayne would be 58-74.
- Four of the eight losses for Makin it Wayne this season have come when their opponent scores higher than their season average.
- The 152.38 points scored by Valar Morghulis was the highest in the league this week and the seventh-highest in the league this season.
- Makin it Wayne underachieved for the 10th time this season, including the last four weeks in a row, scoring 91.90 points against a projected 101.47 this week.
- Makin it Wayne had 91.90 points, their season-low.
- Valar Morghulis remains undefeated in blowout games this season, improving to 2-0.
- It was quite a beating for Makin it Wayne, who now is 1-1 in blowouts this year.
- Makin it Wayne had their largest margin of defeat this season.
- With 57.20 points, Valar Morghulis got the highest combined scoring output from the RB position for any team this week.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Valar Morghulis
- Makin it Wayne
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.