Powered by Automated Insights Bluth Busters Gets Upset Against newtofootball, Makes It Four in a Row
- Bluth Busters
Bluth Busters overcame a 20.36-point projected spread, taking down newtofootball, 106.70 - 85.20 for the upset. They got a team-leading 22.10 points from Adrian Peterson and 20.00 from Adam Vinatieri. While Bluth Busters (6-7) is only a game back of newtofootball (7-6), they're quite a bit farther behind in points, 1,448.12 - 1,247.84. The shocker was an answer to an 87.52 - 78.44 comeback by newtofootball in Week 6. To make matters worse, newtofootball got zero points from the New Orleans Saints Defense. Finally, despite the loss, newtofootball earned a playoff berth this week.
Smooth Moves by Bluth Busters
- Adam Vinatieri had the highest score of any K in the league this season with 20.00 points.
- Adrian Peterson had 22.10 points, the sixth-highest score among RBs in the league this week.
- With 15.70 points scored versus a projected 11.76, Larry Fitzgerald has scored more points than projected for three straight games.
- Bluth Busters had most of their starters beat their scoring projection (5 out of 9).
- Both of the RBs starting for Bluth Busters exceeded their point expectations.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by newtofootball
- Left Brent Celek on the bench, where he scored 10.90 points to beat his scoring projection by 149.4%, the fourth-highest percentage in the league.
- 8 of the starters on newtofootball underperformed versus their projections.
- With 8.60 points against a projected 13.54, Pierre Garcon did not meet his projection for the third straight game.
- Frank Gore scored 9.90 points against a projected 14.34 and has now underachieved in four straight games.
- The 6.30 points scored by Jordan Cameron fell short of his 10.23-point projection, the fourth straight game where that has happened.
- If Bluth Busters played newtofootball every week, they would be 4-9 this season.
- Besides newtofootball, Bluth Busters would have defeated four other teams this week.
- If they played the same schedule as newtofootball, Bluth Busters would be 3-8.
- Bluth Busters would be 48-95 if they played every team every week.
- newtofootball would have lost to nine other teams besides Bluth Busters this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Bluth Busters would have lost to newtofootball 101.08 - 92.16.
- newtofootball would be 7-4 if they played the same schedule as Bluth Busters.
- If they played every team every week, newtofootball would be 82-61.
- Of the losses newtofootball has had, five were against opponents who topped their season scoring average that week.
- Bluth Busters won again and is on a four-game winning streak, currently the longest in the league.
- Hakeem Nicks did little to help Bluth Busters, underperforming versus projections for the sixth straight game with 4.40 points against a projected 9.47.
- With the win, Bluth Busters now has a 1-1 record in upset games this season.
- With 17.70 points, newtofootball got the lowest combined scoring output from the RB position for any team this week.
- newtofootball remains winless in upset games this season, falling to 0-3.
- The margin of victory of 21.50 points was the third-highest margin in the league this week.
- With 85.20 points, newtofootball ranked 11th in the league in scoring this week.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Bluth Busters
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.